Tuesday 3 November 2009

Task 1

My name is Rob Smith

Pros

Maya
Photoshop
Illustrator
Second life
Draw be hand

Cons

Flash
Scripting
Video
Motion graphics and Effects

Conclusion
3D Character and environment designer.

I like to start off by hand sketching several basic images mainly character designs. These consist off drawing it from different views usually front, back and sides of the image. After then develop them more on Photoshop. This includes adding color, shading and touching up any other marks and details. I then continue with Photoshop and line up the edges of the image using the ruler tool so that every part is the same size and then I cut the out. Each image is then imported into a 3D program such as Maya, where I use polygons and modify and extrude them to fit the outlines around the original drawings. Different hyper shades and textures are then added to the object to give color. Finally the whole character is rigged with pipes and joints and is then prepped for movement for animation sequence.

My main influences are brought on from watching films and playing various computer games. I have always had a wide and varied imagination, and like to design 3D objects and character's to be used for short films, games and animations.

No comments: