Tuesday 17 November 2009

Task 2

As I specize in character design I would want to work at a games or animation company. The reasoning for this is because both of them are wide ranged media industries and I think my work would be best suited around these areas. Companies like these are usually worked by a team of people which I think would suit me better as I like to have ideas thrown at me so I can develop them further.
I would preffer to emigrate and work abroad especially in Canada or America where a lot of studios are based and are continully growing. Some of the companies which interest me at the moment are ubisoft and radical enterainment. Edios have also opened a new facily in montreal.
I have looked at the different websites where jobs are needed throughout the uk and internationally. The two best websites that I have found to be quite useful are

http://www.gamesrecruit.co.uk/GameDesignerJobs.aspx
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/

Although a lot of jobs that I have looked at require some sort of experience.

POLITICAL
As in any job I have to start somewhere and sell myself. If I was to work in England I would like to remain in Yorkshire area, as I am more familiar with it. Media industries are not just set down south any more and are growing everyday throughout the rest England. Video games companies are getting bigger, and more branches are being opened all over. Rockstar games are good example as they have recently opened a studio in Leeds. What I would really like to do is to work abroad where games and animation companies are more common creating a wider range of jobs. This could prove to be more difficult as I would need a visa and the correct documentation

Economics
As I said before I would like to work in a team, I would also have to make business cards to get myself known and attend interviews starting off from a lower position in a company chain. Eventually work my way up through industry. By doing this I will gain more experience and knowledge.

Society.
I would most defiantly want emigrate to either Canada of America as a lot of the popular games companies today are based there. I have visited Toronto twice and deeply enjoyed being there as I found the people to be warm and friendly. I also have close friends of the family living there. For better reasons it would be a lot easier to get to grips people by working in an English speaking society.

Technology
As I want to model 3D objects the technology that I use would have be at the latest standard of software, which could prove to be very expensive for me to buy myself. Some companies use very similar but different programs from others. So if I were to work for them I would think they would have there own facilities. Otherwise if any other 2D design work is requires I would simply use pen a paper and a Photoshop program.

No comments: